Thursday, February 26, 2009

Name my Soul Reaper Name my BANKAI!

Over the past week I have been playing a text based browser game (BvS of course) and I've gotten to the point where I am about to complete a quest where I will obtain a Soul Reaper as well as a BANKAI to go with it. So what I want is suggestions for:

1) The name of my Soul Reaper Blade:
2) The name of my BANKAI:

BvS (Billy vs. Snakeman) is a game which parodies and mixes several popular Animes. You start off as a ninja using the system found in Naruto (ie: villages, ninja exams, jutsu, hokage.. etc..) and the progress through other animes like Bleach, Code Geass, Death Note, Lucky Star, Spice and Wolf and others. Along the way you have to perform missions, pick up allies, complete quests, form villages (guilds), build up those villages, engage in PvP (arena, bingo fights, invasions), craft (potions, gear etc.) and eventually ascend to a higher plane.

I've already plotted the patch for my character from current all the way to 'Season 4' where I will 'ascend' by completing the 'Impossible Mission' with the help of "The Key of Twilight" (you all know which Anime this is from right?) which will turn me into a Kaiju (that will proceed to be summoned and killed by other villages) and allow me to establish an "Immortal Realm" where hopefully more of the game will be unlocked. There are currently 57 Kaiju's in the game (players who have ascended and have the monsters named after them) and I hope to make it as the 88th!

Does all this sound kind of Epic? Or least really cool and interesting! 

What I really like is all the uniqueness and immense customizations in the game. Besides turning into a Kaiju and becoming part of the game lore at the current 'End Game' you get lots of parts in the middle like my current quest to unlock my Soul Reaper sword. It allows me to name my sword and the power! The quest itself was a trial followed by dumping me into a hole for 72 hours. Fans of Bleach will of course recall that this is how Urahara Kisuke (Called MC Stripeypants in the game) taught Ichigo (Strawberry) how to summon his sword and unlock his powers. The quest itself actually had me wait 72 real hours (which ends tomorrow afternoon) before being able to continue it! Doing any other quest in the meantime causes you to fail the Soul Reaper quest. There is even one quest where you have to show up exactly 24 hours later... with only 15 minutes grace time!

During the past 2 days I was experimenting with non quest related aspects of the game which included crafting and taking Timmy (Konohamaru from Naruto) to the 'Other side' (ie: Soul Society) to 'level him up' and become a Soul Reaper! Timmy himself was obtained as part of the quest to become a Sp.Jonin where you have to bring Timmy around on 30 missions.

The sheer creativity that goes into the quests and the means for obtaining allies is an absolute joy. Kagamin (of Lucky Star) for example is unlocked if you purposely ruin a scratch card by scratching off all the spots. (You are supposed to scratch 3 off to try for prizes like RL scratch cards and some of those prizes unlock upgrades or powerups for other allies) Others like Spice and Wolf (ie Horo: Who in the game is called 'Haro' as a mix of the Sage Wolf and the little robot ball from Gundam) are unlocked when you appraise or sell large amounts of in-game items. One character called Chunks even has you go all over all the gameworld collecting the parts of his body to re-assemble. (This is none other than Hidan from Naruto who has had his body dispersed all over after having been destroyed by Shikamaru - an event that only recently happened in Anime)

A big highlight that really captured the essence of the Anime well is the Chunin exam. Just like in the Anime you had to take an exam and it managed to mirror the Anime really nicely. You are given a test of 10 questions and all 4 answers are correct but only one of them gives you points. To figure out which ones (and you can't look this up on the web because the answers are unique to each player: I'm guessing it's based of a random seed of your character name) are the correct ones you use the allies you have obtained to help you... from Billy (ie: Naruto -thus the game name Billy vs. Snakeman) who ALWAYS gets the answer wrong but seldom gets caught to the regular ones like Pinky (Sakura) who has equal chances of guessing the right answer and avoid getting caught to Stalkergirl (Hinata) who most likely has the right answer but always gets caught.

Anyway.. this is turning into a dissertaition... in short JOIN THE GAME NOW!


 And by join now I really do mean join NOW.

The reason is because during the month of February there is a special seasonal quest that gives a bonus +20 Stamina per day (this lets you take more actions) for having a certain ally stay with you 'overnight'. This bonus works throughout the year but can only be obtained this month.. and this month ends in 2 days!

I kinda regret not finding out about this game sooner and missing out on the Christmas events... especially the Christmas allies and items. (You need them to unlock certain 'themes' when you 'loop' which is the name for moving from 1 season to another.) 

And of course.. signing up using the link gives you a bonus +100 stamina to use as well as gives me +5 stamina per person who logs in each day. Do try to at least complete the Chunin exam (which you can rush to in just 2 days)...

The game is very work friendly (now you know where all my productive time goes to) being a browser game an all - but they are very worried about cheating so more than 1 person cannot play from the same IP.

But yeah .. once again: JOIN THE GAME NOW

So if the link: 

http://www.animecubed.com/billy/?Leode

doesn't list "Leode" as your referral... do add me in ;)


... oh and don't forget to help me name my Sword and Bankai... the quest finishes just before lunch.

user posted image

No comments: